Here I sit on the last day of the big holiday break (hooray, it's almost over!) and I finally have a few minutes to myself to blog! I've missed you all, I find that I don't like getting on the computer with all the family around.... We had a fantastic Christmas, I'll start with our Christmas Eve--

Clint had to go into work that morning so we started our cookies for Santa without him. I dare say he planned it that way.....So after Clint got home and the cookies were all frosted he took the boys sledding so I could have a free hour to finish up last minute things on my to-do list. I made the mistake of running out of wrapping paper and had to go fight the crowds in town! Boy was I sorry, Target was so backed up I couldn't even get into the parking lot.....the things we do for our kids! Thankfully I made it out of there alive and with enough paper to finish up all my wrapping. For some reason I can't wrap and put gifts under the tree until the last minute because my family (Yes, Clint is the worst!) will shake, rattle and roll until you want to tie them up in ribbon to make it stop!! I gave them about 15 minutes before we had to leave to go to my sisters for a Christmas Eve Party. They were all so excited it was a good thing we had a party to go to so they could be distracted, (yes, Clint included!) :)
My Nephew, Cameron, was home from Snow College...and his big sister, Brooke, is leaving home this weekend to go to BYU Idaho. So I'm sure it was bittersweet for my sister to have all her kids home for this little break. We ate, played games and had a great time!



I think the boys were pretty happy, and got everything (and then some) that they asked for. We got rock band for the family from Santa, which Santa had the great fore-sight to set up for us. A.J can't figure out why he would do that, I said he likes to help us parents out.... so of course the band practices started immediately so we could show off our skills. I've never laughed so hard, and had to get a little clip of Clint singing his guts out-- but he wasn't hitting the high notes and we had to kick him out of the band. Plus I was laughing so hard I couldn't ever get a good clip! I'll have to work on that. I highly recommend getting the rock band for every family! We love it.
A.J likes to do the vocals, and we've had to put Clint onto the drums- for all our sakes...Ok, on to New Years Eve--
We went to Lava Hot Springs in Idaho to ring in the new year with friends. The Jahn's, Bauschard's, and the Neumeyer's were all great sports and we had a great time. Unfortunately we had to leave Hunter home with friends (thanks Lopez's) because his stitches were not out of his leg yet and he couldn't soak in the hot springs with us. He had a good time there, playing rock band and drinking mountain dew.... (can't wait to have Austin over for some paybacks with the mountain dew, thanks alot Jamie and Brian) On New Years day Clint's sisters and parents came over for breakfast and hung out all day playing games and sleeping. I guess there was too much partying the night before because it looked like we had a bunch of dead bodies all throughout the house!

I know this was a long post, I hope everyone had a great holiday break. We did have a few family members (extended) go into the hospital or e.r for various reasons and wish them all the best and speedy recoveries (John, Denise, Camdyn, and Don). I feel very blessed that my own little family of five is in good health (sort of, Hunters leg is healing up finally) and we are doing well. We had a blast, survived it and lived to tell the tale!Love to all!
2 comments:
ok so I am laughing so hard even if it was only like 10 seconds. Tell Clint not to quit his day job. And if he needs to practice we have karoke. Looks like you had a great christmas. I am glad Hunter's leg is doing better. I feel like its been forever since we have seen you.
Dang I was hoping Clint's singing was longer since he wouldn't sing for us while we were over there. We should of got Robert to sing too. Get some Red Hot Chili Peppers- he'll sing old school style. ha!
All the Christmas pics were cute and make me miss the time off although at the time I couldn't wait to have some me time like you were saying---to get on the computer uninterrupted.
Post a Comment