Well today was a great day for duck hunters....cold, rainy, windy.... and a good day for me to crawl back into bed! Clint took all three of the boys out at 5:00 a.m! I'm not too sure that will be happening again, he's a real trooper! He's such a good Dad, our boys are lucky to have him! The story is.... he shot two boxes of bullets (oops, I mean shells), but only brought home 3 ducks. Hunter swears he got shot in the neck, Clint got offended when I asked if it was from him. Colby and Hunter are pretty good duck retrievers (who needs a dog when you have kids?) but only when the ducks are dead! They won't touch the ones that are still moving, can you blame them? Colby turned the 'dry' bag into a wet bag when he spilled his drink in it. Thank goodness Clint had put the camera into a ziploc. A.J got eaten up by the mosquito's. And they were home by 12:00 soaked to the bone! All in all a good day out at the swamps.


6 comments:
O my GOSH! That is made for boys! I mean I love shooting guns but in the swamps, 5am, mosquitos, wet pack...I thinked I'd crawl back into bed too. I'm sure they came hawling back to mom for warm hugs, warm food, and warm drinks. Hey Clint I'm so glad you protected the camera for such great pics. LOVE THEM!!!
Oh by the way I bought the kids pretzel bites today and thought of Clint...ha ha! And so did Alex.
One benefit of having all boys! Getting to send them out with Dad!
How freakin cute!!! And what a good daddy Clint is. I love hearing your stories. They are always so funny. Love those boys!
Sounds like they had fun. I still need to find Jaden some of the Neoprenes. By the way I tagged you. Look on my blog for more details.
First - I would so be getting back into bed. Second I would die even as a child or an adult to see a wounded vs. a dead duck. Dead is bad enough. And last - funny story.. My brother in law went hunting and got a duck, came home had the duck in his trunk and opened the trunk. Went to get his kids to show them, went back to the car and the duck was gone. No one was around so he couldn't figure out where it went because it was dead. Well my little nephew who was 3 at the time knew daddy was home, and must've had a duck and went to the car - took the duck by the neck and around the house into the backyard and in the backdoor missing dad and the other kids by seconds. So his dad isn't in the house but he has the duck - so my nephew goes out the garage door and says "Wok - Dad got duck.." So everyone walks up to him and he's got a grip on the ducks neck and is holding it out. My brother in law looks behind him and see's the blood trail his led through the house.. Nice. I love that story.. Have a good weekend..
Post a Comment