Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've been tagged, I'm supposed to tell you 6 things you might not know about my kids. I'll start off with A.J....

1. First off, A.J stands for Arthur Jace. I know most of you know this, but not all. He is named after his great grandpa.... who he loves to pieces! He is constantly wanting to go to 'Poppa Art's' house.

2. A.J is not scared of grasshoppers! In fact he likes to squish them!! This is something that is very disturbing to his big brother, Hunter, who is deathly afraid of grasshoppers. (go figure)

3. He is a major Daddy's boy. Anything Clint likes to do, A.J will follow. Right now their obsession is duck hunting and A.J gets very upset when he can't go. He is so good for the outdoor things. He will sit for hours and never get bored, something Clint can also do which is very frustrating to the rest of us! Clint use to have to bribe the other boys with candy or slushies to go out hunting, fishing, glassing, pretty much anything outdoors. Not A.J, he never complains and never whines for his Dad while out. Now at home is a different story...

4. Lately he is throwing the biggest tantrums! I mean all out, flat on the ground, kicking and screaming--- tantrums! For being so calm and well mannered most of the time this has been very shocking for us. I've never experienced anything like it with my other 2 boys... If you have any solutions for this please pass it on!! I usually make him go to his room so I can 'pretend' I'm ignoring it (when really I want to rip my hair out). This really has no effect on him, he could scream for hours without stopping.

5. He is a big defender for anyone getting picked on. No matter the size of the person doing the pestering, A.J will drop anything and come running to the rescue! He will jump into the middle of any scuffle with no worries about his little body. It's pretty great to watch and imagine when he and his brothers are older, that the youngest of the bunch might just be the scariest to go up against!

6. He is talking non-stop, 24 hours a day lately!! Talk, talk, talk...... it might sound cute, but really you can't even think a straight thought with all of his chatter. And he knows when you're trying to blow him off with a nod or a 'uh huh'... So he wants full attention at all times to hear what it is he has to say. Believe me, he has a lot to say! Plus he still doesn't pronounce things very understandably so you have to translate also.
He's a little ball of fun! Always wanting to help out and always ready for some fun. A.J loves everyone around him and you know you've hit it big time when he tells you ' your my best friend'. That's the tops for him, when you reach that status it's up there with the hero's. I love him from here to the moon.
Now that I've finally finished my tag on my kids I'll go ahead and pass it on. You need to tell us 6 things about your kids that we might not know. Jamie, Amanda-- TAG!!

4 comments:

aminut said...

K so funnyyyyy! I can't stop laughing about the grasshoppers scarring Hunter and that you can't think a straight thought through all that chatter. As for the tantrums--we just had reviewed this in Pediatrics this week. Not only from class but experience---Here's what you gotta do. J/K that sounds like I know too much but really sounds like your doing the best. He's wants REACTION so don't give in or he'll see that he's either getting negative feedback or positive feedback. If you don't respond he'll "eventually" figure it out that he's not getting any response. So even if your in a grocery store and you want to leave him- DON'T just continue to make believe your shopping. At home, maybe even leave him where he's at while you go do laundry (because it's loud and will drown him out a bit).
And by the way how did it go from Natalie's 5 to your 6 things on the tag? I think the people I tag it'll go to 7. J/K

Bonnie the Boss said...

He really is so adorable!!!

Smiley0709 said...

I absolutely LOVED reading these. You need to write a book. I could have kept right on reading. I love hearing the funny/cute/crasy things those boys do and you write them in such a way that you can picture it or hear it. I wish I would have tagged you to write 15 things.. :)

Ashley ;o) said...

I absolutely LOVE these posts about your boys!! It's so crazy how different and so alike they are at the same time! You should be so proud of what AMAZING boys you have raised and are still raising! You and Clint are seriously such great parents!! I am so happy we get to be a part of your lives. ;o)