Things I swore I'd never do or say......
I was driving the other day (I do that alot now-a-days with all of my kids' activities) and I started thinking about how many things I do and say that I never thought would become of me. You know how it is when we're growing up, wondering how your mom can actually walk out of the house without (gasp) make-up on?? Well my kids are surprised when I DO wear make-up! So this prompted my thinking of a few more things. I thought I would share....
I never thought I would go through the list of kids names like an idiot when yelling at them--"Hunter, Colby, ..... A.J!!! Get out of there!!" I've been able to play that one off still, when Colby says "why do you keep calling me A.J?" I say, "Because you're acting like a 3 year old! "
I never thought I would be a stay at home mom.... yes here I am, a stay at home mom! I use to WISH my mom worked like everyone else's so I could just have a free afternoon at home alone! Now I make my kids suffer with my presence also... but they really love it, right?? That's what I tell myself.
I do not drive a mini van! That's one I'm sticking with. Although I don't know if it counts since I have had a suburban, isn't that just the modern day mini-van? I vote no. They're much more practical. :) And on this line of thought, I hated all the stickers on the mini vans of "my kid the honor student" I do have a sticker for Hunter's soccer team, that's much cooler, right? I have to be honest though, if they brought home an honor student sticker you know it would be proudly displayed on my s.u.v!
Back when I was in school my mom couldn't keep anyones names straight. I remember thinking I would never forget a name of a classmate! Now I run into people and for the life of me can't remember a name!! What's worse is I sit and think, no way I know you , I would remember if we grew up together and were best friends and lived next door to each other.... right? No, I need a yearbook and verification before talking with some stranger in the grocery store.
What about dinners? Did you all feel like you ate the same meals over and over? Me too, and now I cook the same meals over and over! It's a viscous cycle!
Well I can't think of anymore right now, maybe I should ask my kids? I think I ought to call my mom and tell her what a great job she did, maybe in 30 years my kids will say the same to me? If I haven't scarred them too badly? But I do have boys, they'll love me always, it's their wives that will hate me....... ain't life grand?
3 comments:
What the crap has this world come to? I totally understand and you really cracked me up. The sad thing is because I relate (the make-up, the minivan). I mean it's totally functional having a minivan. I was so close and I think that's the best dodge I've done yet!!! Looking back with no regrets b/c that's one I'm sticking with too. I love your response to Colby...it really brought tears to my eyes I was laughing so hard invisioning you as you clean up yet another "spill". ha ha ha! I'll have to remember that one and use it myself. The only thing is I have to think of a good come back when I start throwing in Charlie's name. Because nobody like being called a dog. It's worse when Justin comes to town--so many boy names with no girl names to break it up. Ha I'm still laughing.
YOU'RE A GREAT MOM- I don't care what anyone says ha ha. Oh how I love you! I hope you had fun and a good turn out at the bbq sorry I missed. Send my love to the boys! Once again girl- love you much and just for the record: I think you'll be thanked for the mom you are from a lot more people than just your boys :) buh bye!
ha ha!! This post is hilarious! I'm looking forward to all those "said I'd never do" things in my future. I too swear i'll never drive a mini-van.. And watch in 3 years i'll drive up to a bbq in a Econoline Van ;) And I hate when you see people you think you know but you don't know why or where and they act like they know you so well.. It's such a bad place to be floundering for a name or a memory or something. I do it all the time!!
Post a Comment