Saturday, September 13, 2008

Bridal Showers.....
My niece, Juli, is getting married next week. Today I went to her bridal shower and took Hunter and Colby with me. It was too funny and I thought I'd share a few laughs with you all. As you can probably guess we are not very 'feminine' around our house.... I'm so out-numbered it's not even funny! So the boys were not sure what a 'shower' was going to be about. We started out with games ( I'm sure you've all experienced your fair share of 'shower games') Hunter, who is 10, was all for this.... I don't think he realized the gifts would be candles, nail files, anything girly. So we get this game called Finish My Sentence--- I was sitting by Hunter and saw a few answers, I was pretty much blown away by some. So I will share them with you, spelled exactly like he wrote them.

A happy house is full of kids (this was my favorite!)

Behind every great man is a soft guy

True love is fun

When the going gets tough the time gets rough

A stitch in time is a wast of time

My house is big

The path of true love goes farr

Variety is the spice of love

Every man's home is manly
A watched pot boils

A penny saved is a penny made

Home is where the fun begins

Marriages are made in love!

If the shoe fits, your happy

He isn't sure why I keep laughing.... he just really made my day with that! Colby camped out at the food buffet, he was more than happy there. He said he loves girls showers, and wants to go to more! I'm not sure how Clint will take that, I think he'll be sorry he didn't take them hunting with him and A.J. I love my two goof-ball sons!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I would never of dreamed of taking 2 boys to a shower, but when it comes to showers I dodge them anyways. His answers were definately cute and innocent. Tell Amanda thanks for finally adding me - I can stalk her now too. LMAO I hope you have a great week sunshine..

Smiley0709 said...

I love it!! Those boys are the cutest.. Hunter's answers are hilarious.. I wish there was a longer list of them so I could keep reading them, I didn't want it to end :)

Tiffany said...

Hey good to see your blog! Dont you wish the kids will always stay that cute and innocent? It was fun seeing all the cute pics! I will be showing Mike the elk!