Worst mom ever?
Today I feel like I've won that award. I had to take A.J into the dentist to have 3 cavities fixed!! So yes, I'm feeling really low after that. The dentist's first question was does he drink a lot of soda? Honestly...he does have pop every now and again but I don't even buy it for our house. I think, and so does the dentist, that it's juice that is our enemy!! So the last few weeks since we found out about the cavities he's been on a water and milk only diet...with the occasional cup of juice and no pop! I can't go through this again with such a little guy. I give kudos to our dentist and his 2 poor assistants that were helping. Without any shots for numbing, and no gas, they were in and out in under 5 minutes. It wasn't till the last 30 seconds or so that he started whimpering and squirming, of course that 30 seconds was the longest moment in my entire life! I wanted to start bawling right then and there.... My poor little brave dude, he was a champ!
Me, on the other hand, I think I could've used a drink! :) (kidding, maybe just a mild sedative)
4 comments:
3 cavaties??? What the???
Just kidding---you aren't a bad mom...da. The recommended 4oz of juice a day is hardly a sip for some youngins. (Is it real juice or shugga?) Any ways a tip to make it go farther would be to mix water into his juice.
We really need to do sisterhood!!!
I hate the dentist like I hate the plague! Ugh! I love the picture at the bottom, too cute. And if I had to stop drinking Diet Coke, World War 4 would start, I've given up Vodka and Tequila - Diet Coke is here to stay. Are you still playing soccer??
You aren't a bad mom!!! I look up to you as a mom, SO much. Your boys have turned out so well. They are so AWESOME!! I cannot believe how big AJ looks in that picture. Wasnt' he just a baby? Time flies. Camdyn hates juice, so I guess i'm lucky when it comes to that. But she loves chocolate milk.. Not sure if that's any better ;) Sorry we missed soccer. You guys need to play on a different night!
So sorry about the cavities! That just stinks. Dan has had to have a root canal. I felt like the biggest idiot!
Post a Comment