Medical updates!
Well for those of you that are in contact with us daily you've already heard about what we have been going through with Hunter for the past month (maybe more than once?). He has some kind of infection on his leg, right on the shin that has been getting bigger and more painful for him that has been worrying us... He's been in to the doctor 2 times, had blood taken, got some yucky, heavy antibiotics (which gave him some yucky, heavy diarrhea). With no results and the infection was still getting bigger, swelling up his leg from the knee down to the foot!
So on Friday we were sent to a dermatologist who took a skin biopsy, while Hunter was a awake! Lucky for us (me) Clint was off of work and came with. Poor Hunter was so brave and didn't cry but he got poked a lot to numb the area. I was up at his head trying to distract and cover his eyes (he didn't want to see anything) (neither did I) :) I would look over at Clint, who you'll remember likes to kill, clean and eat any mammal, bird or fish..... the big manly guy who nothing grosses him out.... and he gave me a look---like he was going to lose it! He said the doctor cut soooo deep to get his 'sample' and Clint just couldn't take seeing his son getting cut into. Isn't he sweet? :) hee hee
Now the skin sample is sent off to the labs, Hunter has stitches on his shin and it's Christmas week so I'm sure we won't be hearing anything till next week. He did get put onto another antibiotic (yay) and last night when we changed the bandages for the first time it looked like some of the swelling and redness has gone down!! Maybe this new medicine will do the job? Until this is cleared up he isn't playing any soccer which has him pretty bummed. I'll keep you all posted~!
4 comments:
Please do keep us posted. That's scary poor little guy but being so brave. I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and Santa brings you lots of toys! You are in my prayers!
He will get better and I'm sure all his gifts will make him feel better and forget about the pain at least for a little while :0) If there is anything I can do for you or him let me know.
Oh no!!! No soccer for Hunter..? What is the game of soccer without Hunter? :( Poor little man.. Hope you see some positive results with this treatment. Keep us posted. Hope you guys had happy holidays.. Thanks SO SO SO much for the sled. Can't wait to take Camdyn out in it. We already pulled her around my mom and Paul's and she was so excited it almost brought her out of her cold induced sadness and grumpiness :( Thanks so much!
I hope everything turns out for the best. Hunter will be in our prayers. Maybe this will stop him from doorbell ditching for a while:)
Post a Comment