Here's our Gingerbread house lane! We had 7 kids (and a couple of adults) all in my kitchen constructing houses on Sunday. Needless to say as soon as I'm done posting this I need to go and mop..... It was sooo much fun and I highly recommend this activity to everyone! I bought the kits that had everything in it and even though the gingerbread tastes like cardboard it was a great deal for the money. It was fun to see how different all the kids were with their creations, and they were so proud too!
um we won't be eating anything off of his house.
He sat for something like 3 hours straight without losing interest! Wow! That right there was well worth the nine dollars for the kit!

At one point Colby told us all we were being too noisy. He needed silence to create his master piece?
He also said he is NOT eating his house and is saving it for Christmas morning to have for breakfast! Whatever, I know I won't even have to fight with that one....I give it a week, tops!Hunter and his cousin, Brady, were so serious about the whole thing. You'd think they would start to rebel this sort of activity... but actually isn't building houses manly anyways? They loved it!
Brady's 'smartie' rooftop was so heavy it kept sliding down and the kids all thought it was hilarious! He's so stinkin' smart though (hee hee, smart--get it) he propped up his gingerbread men on each side to keep the roof from sliding down....
Well thanks everyone for coming over and trashing my house :) Next year I'm getting my vote in early for someone else to host this party!






4 comments:
That is the coolest Gingerbread Lane EVER! It made me smile. It's seriously so cool. I think for Christmas I am going to ask Santa for a bigger family.. I love it!! But the clean up would suck..
Don't ya love gingerbread houses? We have yet to do ours. I'm such a slacker this year and hear about it every day from Alex. Sorry bud. But I think we'll do ours this weekend with my mom (tradition).
I loved the pattern that Brady used for his roof top. Smarty pants! Great entertainment!
Oh my.. HOW FUN!! :) I can't believe how cool little AJ's is.. and LOVE the smartie roof top.. Fun stuff. You do the coolest holiday crafts. I need to be better. Better yet, you need to keep inviting us and we'll make a mess of your house and then go home with a cute gingerbread house? Maybe I can host it next year. FUN! :) Maybe i'll go get some this weekend and try it out.. But it would be so much funner with all you guys..
So cute and crafty Next year I want to use houses made out of rice Krispy treats so we don't have to try to ge the stupid thing to stand up!
Post a Comment