Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!! What a fun filled day we had, from sun-up till way past sun-down......Our day started down in Plain City with the parade (action packed by the way :) We had Clint's family from Arizona , the Chambers, join us. After the parade Hunter was involved in a 3v3 basketball tournament with his friends from school. Boy was that scary!! These city boys had never seen street ball before, or really you could call it jungle ball. There was crying, there was bleeding, there were hysterics..... and Clint ignored it all and told them to 'play on'. I'm not sure he'll be getting any boys next year wanting to sign up. It was actually pretty funny to watch, Clint had 3 teams of 3 playing and only one made it to the final rounds (not Hunters, unfortunately) so Clint had a great time with that while the other kids and I checked out booths, ate junk food and had a good ole' time.
Some brilliant person got the bright idea to sell the silly string in a booth, of course Colby found that and was spraying all of us..... Clints uncle Dave thought he could sneak a nap in under some shade, Colby went into full attack mode! Poor Cheryl got caught in the middle....
Dave fought back though, and Colby paid big time!! That's Colby getting sprayed in the face and tickled..... I think he left Dave alone after that. Next we went to the Jahn's house for what's turned into our annual 4th of July bar-b que. The kids did a 3-legged race after swimming in the pool. Fun, fun, fun

Even A.J wanted in on this one, see him on the far right? And yes, we know we're a bunch of red-necks.... taping the kids together with duct-tape.... whatever works right? Finally, what's the 4th of July without fireworks right? We moved the party over to the Farr West park to watch skydivers and of course fireworks. The kids had fun, finding friends, finding teachers and finding neighbors..... Another 4th of July bites the dust, until next year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kim!!! Way fun. Hope to hang with ya'll next year too. Hopefully Robert will be in on it next time. Both the boys crashed on the way home and thankfully slept in. Today Ben took a 4 hour nap. Ok...so did I. Too long I know, but man it felt good after a day of sweating in the sun. Were you asleep when Clint & the boys came home? How long did it take him any way? HA HA

Smiley0709 said...

Awwww... maaan... We missed another fun time it looks like :( Hopefully we can get together again soon.. Looks like you guys had a great, eventful 4th.. We spent ours on a plane and in the airport all day..

Ashley ;o) said...

I wish we could have been here to experience all of that with you!! ;o) And I'm sad that I missed the Arizona clan... they are so much fun! But I'm glad you guys had such a great time... hopefully we can all get together next year.