Saturday, July 19, 2008

Giddy up cowboy! Last night we were invited by our good friends the Bauchards to go and ride their horses and eat dinner. A.J was in Horse Heaven!! See his little hands on the hips? He was doing that all day long showing me that he was all that and a bag of chips! We went over to the park at about 6:00 at night, so you can imagine what a LONG day it was for A.J.... he was up at the crack of dawn, dressed in his cowboy pants, boots and hat (ready for a 100 degree day in pants) and kept saying " I ride a hor-hee now?"



Here's Jenny getting her horse Archie warmed up and ready for A.J to ride. A.J couldn't stand the wait! He stood at the fence very patiently waiting without taking his eyes off the horse once.















Finally he got on Archie! Jenny's son Christian (Hunters friend) has his own horse too. Boots is smaller than Archie and you would think that would be the horse A.J would want to ride.... He was adamant about riding Archie though! He had no fear at all! Doesn't he look like a little natural? He just got right up there and didn't want down.
Well of course Hunter and Colby were finding this a little offensive. They're not use to A.J getting all lime light I guess. So they wanted up on a horse too.... Hunter was a little nervous, it was so funny to see how stiff he was compared to A.J's natural pose. Here's Hunter getting instructions from Jeff and Christian. This was all the boy's first time riding a horse on their own that didn't just go in circles at the fair....
Hunter got the hang of it pretty quick.



Since A.J wouldn't get off of Archie we threw Colby up there with him. After a while we told A.J the horses were hungry and needed a break. So while they ate their hay we ate our people food and took some photos. This was a great little park in Pleasant View with tons of great photo spots! I highly recommend it!


Here's a few pics we got of the boys and our family together.....






That's about all I could get, they were not sitting still for any more pictures!

I'm afraid there's going to be horses in our future for sure!! I was so proud of my little cowboy! It was really neat to see A.J so passionate about something and he's only 3 years old.... We'll see if his love for horses sticks! When we were all done he even helped brush the horses and clean up the poop, he loved it all! Thanks Jenny and Jeff for the great night out! I forget how close to the country we can be. This horse park was only 5 minutes from our house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not let your babies grow up to be cowboys? Because cowboy butts drive me nuts. J/K It's so cool that AJ is so passionate. Horses are beautiful so I can imagine that when your baby loves it- it would make it so much more special. I loooooooooooovvvvvvee the family pics. And it's about time we see your pretty face on your blog. Those made for great framing pics. What a fine lookin group of kids (notice that "kids" include you and Clint too).

Smiley0709 said...

How freaking cute are your boys!!! OMG! Darling.. and such good kids.. I remember sitting around playing with and just watching Hunter for hours.. Being completely entertained. I can't believe how big grown up he is now.. Looks like they are regular cowboys already.. :)

Ashley ;o) said...

I LOVE all of your pictures... they are so cute!! And that is so adorable about A.J.! Especially because he's only 3! WOW! ;o)

All of your boys are such cute cowboys though! ;o) Looks like such a great day!