
Timpanogos Cave! We went for a family hike on Sunday with our very good friends the Hardens. Both Amanda and I went in 5th grade for a field trip, (which I couldn't remember the cave at all after 20 years!) So it was very cool to go and take our families! Clint had never been, and of course him being the big hiker that he is, was worried about all of us 'non-hikers' making it up the 1 1/2 mile hike up to the cave.....

Here's Alex, Amanda, Robert and little Benjamin after our pre-hike picnic. Alex was ready to roll, he kept asking us if we were going now. I would like to point out that they plan on you taking about 1 1/2 hours to get up to the cave, we made it with 15 minutes to spare!! Take that Clint, you doubting Thomas you...... And that was with Colby wanting to rest at EVERY bench we came along, A.J needing a little lift in dad's back pack, and me panting and sweating every step of the way!!! Boy did we stink!


Here we are on the hike up. I was so proud of the boys! A.J didn't get tired until about 3/4 of the way up. So Clint loaded him up in his back pack (I don't think A.J will fit anymore after this year!) and got quite and few laughs from other hikers. Colby and Alex (who's 5) kept saying, "I wish I were still a baby so I could get a ride!" Since Ben

jamin and A.J got rides......

This strap was a great tool! A.J held onto it going up and Colby was hooked to it coming down. Colby kept wanting to run coming down and with no guard rails you can imagine the scary thoughts we were having!


There were some great views on the hike up! I think Colby figured out we would stop for picture opportunities more willingly than bench rests..... so he kept saying "take my picture here!"



After making it to the top our tour took about 1 hour and it was great!! The kids were impressed, us adults were impressed. Hunter was soaking everything in and loving it! It was so cool doing such a grown up thing with our family and good friends (thanks Amanda for the great idea), Clint says the next big adventure is white water rafting!! Ahhhhhhhhh, I think he's thinking too 'outside' the box..... What will we strap the boys to in a raft?


3 comments:
What an elevation high! Thanks it was great spending the day with ya'll. And of course we love hangin out w/ you guys any day. With all the bouncing coming down...I'm not sure about the bouncing going down a river? HA HA! Tell Clint I'd like to check out the glaciers he was talking about. Alex is still asking why we had to walk so far to get to a cave. I loved the exercise and getting out to do it together!
How fun! We need to get one of those back pack things. Hiking sounds so fun! I don't know or remember if I have ever been to that cave. I've heard a lot of people talking about it lately.. Is it it's aniversary or something ;) I love hearing your stories about the funny things that the boys say and do. Keep your calendars open for Camdyn's birthday party. think we're planning to have it on August 16th. :)
I've never been hiking there either... but I've heard about it. And I'm not much of hiker myself... but that looks really cool! You guys are always out doing such fun things! ;)
Post a Comment