Monday, February 1, 2010

One week down, 11 more to go!

I have to say that my first week with my Body for Life (bfl) changes went by pretty smoothly! Muscles are hurting in places they've never hurt before, but I'm surviving. There was a hiccup mid-week when Clint started bragging about losing 4 pounds.... What? ! He totally was eating too much, eating too many carbs and not enough protein, not exercising daily~ and he's already losing? Where-as I hadn't lost anything and was sticking to the bfl plan religiously! So yeah, I pouted a bit and I'm not monitoring anything he eats anymore...actually I'm thinking of stocking up on treats that he can't resist.... hee hee hee! Men~ it's just not fare how easy it is for them to lose weight!

Good news though, I measured today and I've lost an inch on each thigh! How that happens without losing any pounds is a medical mystery to me, but I'll take it! Fat must be moving to other areas is all I can figure... :)

Here's my shoutout to my bff who passed her boards last week!! WAY TO GO, Cheecka! So so so proud of you! Now you can join me in my misery of 'bettering' ourselves with healthier lifestyles.....

3 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Muscle weighs more than fat and you are converting the fat to muscle. That is why your weight hasn't changed.
Good on you for keeping it up, and working so hard! Great job!!
Plus men have more muscle mass and the is what burns fat faster. That is why we hate them! Stupid Boys!

Tiffany said...

Way to Go! Jennie and I were talking about the whole "how men lose weight faster than womes" thing and she said "I cant take a poop and lose five pounds like you guys do." I was laughing pretty hard after she said that! I swear it is true!

Kim said...

WELL, with all of my protein I've been eating.... I think I drop about 3 pounds (at least) in the bathroom now! hahahaaha I know, tmi!