Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Catching up
I guess you could say I've been too busy doing too many great fun things and I haven't sat down to update my blog in a few weeks. First off, Valentines day was superb! The boys had fun in school and Hunter had his 6th grade dance.
What a little stud he is! He didn't want me to go and take pictures, so I was nice enough and stayed home... but his friends mom went and sent me pictures! Love the Internet!! I think if we were at his old school and knew all the kids and parents he wouldn't have cared if I went... that's what I'm telling myself anyways, he can't really be getting that old that he doesn't want me at school!! right? :(




He told me that he twirled a lot of girls around the dance floor. I think the twirl was the big dance move of the day!



I also love the fact that all the girls are taller than the boys, speaking as a former 'tall' girl myself... I really think this is a huge mistake of Gods~ Why do we have to go through the embarrassment?! Poor girls, I feel your pain!




Here's Hunter and his friend Caden, who also moved to this new school this year from our old area. They're in the same class and like that they're the 'newbies' together!

Valentine night we had a candlelight dinner here at the house, ate salmon and had sparkling cider and flowers and everything! Better than any restaurant in town.... Colby kept saying he felt kind of weird with everything being so romantic. We'll get him ready for the dating world even if he's kicking and screaming the whole way there!

Clint and I celebrated our Valentine day the week before, going to Lava Hot Springs with friends and no kids! That little weekend getaway could last me the whole year I think, we had such a blast. We rented a house with 2 other couples and the guys thought they were being funny about setting up rules of hanging a hat on the door when you don't want to be disturbed. Ugghh


Ummm, yeah~ mine and Clint's room is on the right..... I'm the one taking the picture..... Clint's in the room sleeping in.... Are we an old married couple or what? haha

This last Monday we took the two older boys skiing up at Wolff Mtn. for the family night discount ski night. Colby has never been and Hunter went last year once with school for a field trip. Clint and I haven't been in at least 12 years, since having kids! It was soooo much fun, we all want to go again.... I very highly recommend it, $40 for 4 (or 5, can't remember) family members to night ski. We borrowed a snowboard for Hunter and had skis for me and Colby (very old skis, I think Clint may have worn Colby's when he was a kid). Clint was the only one with a newer snowboard and boots, it sure pays when your nephews start to outgrow you and you get their hand-me-downs! Clint took a few pics, not very flattering of course.... trying to teach a kid when you can't remember what to do is not an easy task!

Could we look any dorkier? Good thing everyone looked a little dorky, we fit right in.
This is Colby attempting to get up after a fall. I like how Hunter just stands there and looks at his brother on the ground. He finally got the hang of it (sort of) by the end of the night. He figured out that he really only fell when turning, so his solution was to not turn as much and just go straight down the mountain! Yes I was having a heart attack, no we couldn't keep up with him, no he never stopped to see if we were still behind him, yes Clint and I traded kids so he could go fast with Colby and I could take it easy with Hunter.....

Such a great night, thanks again for talking me into it Clint! We all hope we make it up again before the snow's gone! Well I have a few more updates, but this will have to be good for now. I hope you're all having as good a year as we are so far....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun.. You are the funnest parents ever.. And I so remember the 6th grade dance, waiting and waiting for Chad Spencer to ask me to dance.. Those were the days.. :)

aminut said...

ahhh so cute and how fun! ha ha I'm imagining our school dances Heidi. I prayed that nobody would walk my way or I might die.