Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Drink in moderation-It's good for you.

You have heard the reports that drinking wine is good for your health.

It's not just red wine that has health benefits (although red wine seems to have the most). Alcohol in general can protect you from stroke and improve your cholesterol.

The key is to drink in moderation, which is defined as one drink a day for women and two for men. Any more than that and alcohol's benefits are quickly swallowed by its risks.

For the record, one drink is 5 ounces of wine, a 12-ounce beer or 1 1/2 ounces of spirits.

This was taken out of the Standard Examiner paper...... I just thought you all would be interested to know this and since it's official and my health is on the line you now know it's mandatory to drink one drink a day!! Here's to our health, God bless!

4 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Does diet coke count?

Anonymous said...

Amen to what Bonnie said.. All hail to Diet Coke. And if I took one drink, big or small - I would lose so much! How bout you just have one for me.. That would be divine!! I want to hear about the revenge, I'm sure you didn't wait long!

Kim said...

Heidi,

I put a couple of pics on facebook. Other than that, I don't have the slightest idea WHAT you are talking about!

aminut said...

O nice post! So spirits huh? Who calls it spirits. I'll remember that. Crazy how your blog isn't renewing on my blog. Hmmm!