Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!!

Yes, Clint and I were chanting this today. Last night we switched our cereal boxes (the bags in the box) so the boys would go to pour Cheerios and got corn flakes instead.... My boys are creatures of habit, they do the same thing every morning so it was fun to mess with their little minds! Clint got a little mean when he dumped the sugar and put salt in the dispenser instead. I told him to leave it on the counter knowing that Colby wouldn't be able to resist it sitting there calling out to him to pour it on his cereal! Colby did not disappoint! Neither did Hunter, we unplugged the t.v but not the cable box. So while Hunter was trying to figure out why the t.v wouldn't turn on (flipping out, if truth be known) Colby starts spitting in the kitchen and screaming about the sugar being salt! They were both so wrapped up in their own actions they weren't realizing that the other was complaining about something!

I was laughing so hard, trying not to and just crying over it all!! They both come at me....mad as all heck..... and are shouting accusations....blaming their dad--who was at work....and I couldn't take it anymore and yelled "APRIL FOOLS!!" They seriously stopped mid-sentence and just looked at me with open mouths!

Yes, I love having children!! All the poopy diapers, sleepless nights, moments of wanting to tear out my own hair---it was ALL worth it for the looks on both of their faces at that exact moment! Couple of other little things we did: tied their shoes together, put a jumbo size of refried beans into Hunters back pack, and changed the time on the microwave. Needless to say, their brains were jumbled as they set off for school today!

Job well done, if Clint were here I'd high five him right now!

3 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

You guys are awesome!!! I love it. I idn't feel well this morning so I did nothing. Maybe dessert for dinner.

aminut said...

K don't high 5 yet b/c I want to hear about another April fool's joke on Clint. I hope it works & sad that I won't be there to see his face. I'm so glad you did all that to the boys...it's right up my alley & sad that this year I'm coming up dry w/ nothing to no one--I'm disappointing myself. Good to hear that someone is living it up!

Kim said...

I'm sad to say the water trick did't work on Clint! I put a rubber band around the spray nosel at the kitchen sink (thanks Manda for the great idea) so when he turned on the faucet he would get sprayed.... he came home from work, after a few things and maybe 10 minutes of him being home he went to the sink...turned it on, BARELY and was wondering why the heck water was TRICKLING out of the sprayer! Son of a B~ didn't work! So he was laughing that I couldn't trick him....