Day 28 with no couches....
As some of you may already know, Clint and I went and bought a new couch set. Exciting right? We've been married 13 years this summer and had a sectional couch that had been through 3 boys and looked it! So last month, with our tax return, we went out to do our American duty and spent some of our hard earned money--therefore putting money back into our local business's pockets keeping their store open and employees keeping their jobs...etc, etc, etc.... We did not put it on credit! We paid cash up front and went to a little local furniture store out here in our little hometown.
So they said it would take a couple of weeks for delivery, fine by me because I had to get rid of the old couch! I put it on ksl, and sold it after a couple of weeks. Still fine by me not having a couch yet because we wanted to repair a hole in the wall where our hand railing connected. Clint got out his tools (scary right?) cut a hole in the wall and patched it up. Oh yeah we also had our living room window replaced last fall and never fixed the wall around that, so that was the other patch and paint job needing to be done! I think we were on week 3 by now and was rushing to get all of the sanding, painting, repairing AND now carpet shampooing done so everything would be clean and fresh for our lovely new couches....I was getting really excited now! Finally, after all this work and wait and anticipation NEW COUCHES!
We waited, and waited, called the furniture store, waited some more.... Now week 4 has passed by ever so quickly, we're going into week 5. Today Amanda came out, she's more upset by this than me and can't believe I can laugh about it. Really I'm too sore from sitting in our love sac or on the floor to care anymore... I've forgotten what it feels like to sit in a couch or chair, my living room has never stayed so clean for so long (no one wants to be in there). So Amanda and I came up with the great idea to go and visit my couches in the furniture store! 
After the first hour, Amanda just got down right comfortable! She took a little snooze and we let the boys run wild...
The sales man didn't know what to do about us, he came over at one point and said they had 2 extra chairs in the back...did I want to take those home? I told him to let me think about that one...
Ben and A.J had more fun than at a park! It was cold outside and really what's more fun, tons of couches to jump around or dirt to play in.... Ben started chanting "nana nana boo hoo" to other customers and salesmen whenever they would walk around us. I think by week 6 of this, the furniture store will start to pay ME back just to go home. Hmmmmm I could end up getting these couches for free, maybe I'll go back in the evenings with all 3 of my boys....? Too bad they didn't have t.v's, maybe I should bring one from home?
Well, eventually we had to get home.... Contrary to popular beliefs (my husband seems to think I have too much free time on my hands) (whatever) I had important things to do. So I saw their new ad campaign outside of the store and I really think it's fitting. It's the
"Blow it out your ASS sale!" Come one, come all!
3 comments:
Loved this story good for you for bugging them I think you should make that trip at least twice a day until they are delivered!
This was hilarious! You can see 1 of the salesmans walking over in the video ha ha. That seriously is too funny. Loved my nap and you getting comfy on the bed. Can you imagine the other customers what they must have been thinking of us obnoxious parents w/kids. I have never let my kids run like that so the only thing that validated it was knowing that they told you a couple of weeks and they are STILL telling you "it's loaded on the truck right now". Did you hear me say "r-i-g-h-t"? DON'T GET ME STARTED! ha ha lol. Wait tell I tell Robert...he won't believe it, well he probably wouldn't put it past us. ha ha
Next time let's take buttered popcorn w/us. oooooooo!
I'm laughing so hard. We had to do pretty much the same thing, not quite to the same extreme. But I started calling them everyday. Just keep bugging them, you will eventually get them.
Post a Comment