After about a week of seeing this tooth hanging on by a thread, Colby came home from school yesterday with it out! Hallelujah, it was grossing me out like you couldn't imagine. Of course Colby knew this and never missed an opportunity to wiggle it with his tongue while you were talking to him. With his tooth out, there was talk about the tooth fairy.... I don't encourage these beliefs, I really don't know where my kids get it? T.V? , school? , Grandma? So here's our conversation:
Colby: " Is there really a tooth fairy?"
Me: " What do you think?"
Colby: " I think it's the parents"
Me: " I think you're right"
Colby's head whips around to look at me with a big smile :" Really? I knew it, how could a fairy come and give money for a tooth...... and why would they want a tooth anyway...... I just KNEW the tooth fairy was fictional!"
Fictional? I just had to laugh. Then he went on with, "well can I have 5 dollars for this tooth?"
Nice try, no such thing as a tooth fairy..... little money mongrel!
Now on to the Easter Bunny....
5 comments:
OMG I am laughing. Seriously.. Scrooge! I know kids find out but he's not your youngest and he's going to tell everyone at school, and the other parents are going to be calling.. The Easter Bunny will strike, Santa will stike - shit I'm going to picket myself, now where are my poster markers and what is your address! Love ya!
Very funny Heidi! But there's something you're forgetting about siblings... they love to know a "secret" that their bro/sis doesn't know about! Hunter found out in 1st grade about the tooth fairy and has never spilled the beans to Colby. As a matter of fact, Colby turned to Hunter first all mad that he knew and didn't tell him.... so I'm sure he won't be telling my youngest a thing, he'll have to 'lord' it over him for a few years. And what a relief it is for me not having to get up in the middle of the night to sneak the tooth out and slip in a dollar under the pillow! I can just buy it outright now, for a dollar~ nothing more!! :)
OH I'm with Heidi. You ruined it! I know Colby will tell...Now I gotta think of back up plans for Alex. Where's those pickets???
Ruined what? He knew!! He soooo knew, and now there's no lying going on from either party....Him pretending to beleive, us pretending it's real!
Fictional...... that is very funny!!
Post a Comment