Last night was probably the funnest night of my whole dang summer!! Clint and our good friend Jeremy Jahn signed up to do some 4-wheeler polo at the fair. You're probably wondering what the heck that is.... we were un-knowing also, but these two crazy guys will do anything! The 2 guys are on the 4-wheeler with the guy in back holding a foam bat and trying to knock off the other contestants balloon that was taped to their helmet. It's funny how all of our red-neck moments this summer are including the Jahn's...... :) Anyways, I told a bunch of family and friends about this and we had such a great turnout!! Thanks to everyone who came!! I tried to take a few video clips, but I was so scared and nervous that I don't know what's more funny--me screaming or Clint and Jeremy's racing?? Here's a little clip.. Clint's in white, driving the 4-wheeler and Jeremy is in black, swinging like crazy with the bat!! They're on the yellow machine.
With all these people that came to watch, Clint was just hoping they wouldn't be the first to be eliminated!! I don't know why he was worried? They won the 1st heat and proceeded on to the finals!! There were two 4-wheelers that were ganging up on them in the finals.... they were relentless! Jeremy dropped his bat a couple of times from the beatings he was getting. This other team should have been eliminated for all the whacking of the bat they were doing!! Poor Jeremy I'm sure is all black and blue today.
So they made it to the final four!!! The final four were all getting money prizes.... The 1st place team got something like $256 and it went down from there! We were all dying in the stands, yelling, jumping, laughing....... Then they made it to the final TWO!! Against the crazy team that was running into the machine (supposed to be disqualified for that), and beating both Jeremy and Clint with the bat (another no-no, only supposed to go for the balloon) but our guys were holding there own...
I know they would have won.... but for some un-known reason Clint got pushed to the side into a bale of hay and his tires got caught in a big rut... their machine rolled and they were disqualified.. :( BUT their balloon never popped!! And their dismount off the 4-wheeler was cooler than anything! I sort-of got it on film, it won't be winning any awards or anything.... Clint said I'm screaming like he's going off a cliff or something... What can I say, I was caught up in the moment!! Jeremy was thrown way off, and Clint did some sort of somer-sault. Then they both stood up with arms in the air and the crowd went wild!!! They got better cheers than the winning team at the end!! We all knew they should have won!
Here's a few pics of our cheering section...
who's that crazy girl sticking out her tongue? :)
Here's their victory picture. See their big grins? That grin lasted on Clint for a few hours after. They ended up winning $192, not too shabby for only a $20 entry fee. Next year they'll get 1st!! Plus we'll be having more people we know competing I'm sure.......
5 comments:
We were ROCKIN'! They both did so awesome. Took a beatin & kept on tickin. It was so much fun and I laughed so hard. I haven't cheered like that for so long. Even little Ben was screaming and clapping. Thanks Clint for a night of entertainment. ha ha. Next year---body armor :-)
Oh My Hell.. I wasn't even there, but just the clips I was laughing so freaking hard. I haven't been to the fair in years - but this proves Utah is still Red Neck Central. Funny and Fun though. I love the clip in the end - you scream and drop the camera almost. Classic!! Oh and the girl sticking her tounge out.. Is that Amanda Wilson cause she looks way familiar.. Have a great weekend.
WAY TO GO CLINT!! I think that was the funnest I had all summer too! Thanks for letting us know and inviting us! I was seriously on the edge of my seat the whole time.. And they TOTALLY should have won.. That was a bunch of bull! Anyway.. Great time!
LOL... oh man... that looks like it was so FUN to watch!! I'm SOOO mad that I missed it! If I knew how my soccer game would've turned out... I would've been there for sure! ;o) Clint just cracks me up! He will do ANYTHING! ;o)
So that was totally funny! We wish we could of been their. We just wish you wouldn't have dropped your camera at the end to see them roll. Looks like they had way fun.
Post a Comment