Tuesday, August 26, 2008


1st day of school!

All the boys started school this week, Yahoo!!!

Hunter loves his 'male' teacher. I think it's going to be such a change for him having a guy teacher, we're way excited for that. He was a little amazed that he already had homework on the first day though. I think he wasn't ready for 5th grade yet, no more play time for him!

Colby got a little lost in the morning, I think he really got a 'lot' lost but didn't want to admit it. He couldn't see his teachers name on the door so he wasn't sure which class was his. Luckily he saw a friend in his class and went right in....

A.J started Pre-school today. He goes only twice a week but it's enough for us! I was a little sad, especially when he trotted right in the door without a glance back at me. I kind of looked at his teacher like "should I come in?" but she just said 'goodbye' to us pathetic mom's on her doorstep and closed the door on us. Talk about sad! I think we mom's have a much harder time with a child's first day at school. Maybe there should be a support group? How to go about your daily life again without a child hanging on you??

No really, I soon got over it as I was happily on my way to the gym....Free at last, free at last! My goal is to lose some weight and get my house clean. I just don't even know what to do with a whole 2 hours to myself! Clint did call with some honey-do's for me, I'm never really off-duty.... Is any mom or wife?
A.J got pretty upset when I picked him up from pre-school and he realized he had to leave his pencil pouch there. He had been playing with it all week. I'll have to get him one for home too. I wonder if he thinks it belongs to the teacher now, not him? I was just glad that was his only problem with school!

I couldn't stop laughing at how big his back pack was! It drowns the poor kid! He had a great day and can't wait to go back. So did I, and I can't wait for another 2 hours all to myself!

5 comments:

Smiley0709 said...

Man, those boys are so stinkin cute and they all have such different but strong charming personalities. I love hearing about them and the funny things they do. Hunter in 5th grade!! What!? Where did the time go? And AJ in pre-school.. Wasn't he just a baby yesterday? Crazy.. I am dreading Camdyn growing up but excited for it all at the same time. AJ and his monstorous back pack!! ha ha! So cute! What gym have you been going to? That's awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

3 Boys - I can't imagine. The first day of school is always harder on mom. It's cute though - you stand at the door one second and are praising free at last the next. I loved it. Thanks for your compliments on my blog - I love to write but it has to be somewhat short or I fall on my face but it's worth it if you are entertained. Loved the backpack picture. Have a great weekend..

aminut said...

What cutie butts they are! I mean stud muffins. Ruling the town it looks like. Love you kids!!!

Tinabean said...

Hi I found your blog through Heidi's.
I like to blog stalk I am kinda heidi's sister, her sister is my sister in-law.
Any ways you have 3 very handsome boys there.
I'm sure your always on the go.
I was noticing your pics on your side bar & I know Amanda she was really good friends with my sister Kristen in high school.
Her blog is private so I was wondering if you wouldn't mind telling her Hi from Tina (Burroughs) and giving her my blog info.
I think about her once in awhile & I would love to hear from her.
Thank you.

Ashley ;o) said...

Those pictures are seriously so darling!! Three brothers on their way to school... so CUTE! It's crazy how big they are all getting! And I bet A.J. loves being able to go to school like his big brothers. ;o)

Oh... and no... Drew didn't catch anything when we went fishing. ;o) He claims to have had one on the line... but it got away. He probably would've had better luck if Duke and I didn't keep going in his fishing holes. ;o)