Merry Christmas Everyone!
Here's Hunters new little fan, Camdyn was following him everywhere! So cute, and Hunter is always so good with the girls loving on him.

My favorite part of the night was while playing the white elephant game Colby got a HUGE tub of cheese puffs and was hugging it screaming "MINE, all mine! I'm keeping this in my room!" Uh I don't think so... He opened it up and walked around the house munching on cheese balls all the while having A.J and their two little girl cousins following Colby saying, "can I have one?" haha Colby would share, but only 1 at a time! Little stink~

Well the kids were out of school on the 23rd so my great friend Amanda came over with her 2 boys and we did crafts and made yummy chex mix for Amanda to take home. F.Y.I~ I made so much chex mix this holiday season and now that it's all said and done I've gained a good 10 to 15 pounds! Ugh! Anywho, we had a pretty cool craft that was a clay like substance made out of cornstarch, salt and water that the kids had a blast with. We rounded up all sorts of fun stuff to use for eye's, arms, antlers. They had fun with their imaginations, all the while singing Christmas songs. Fun fun fun!




Christmas eve day we went sledding with the Harden's and Clint's cousins who were here from AZ. Luckily there were no injuries, I had visions of us spending the rest of the day in the E.R! Clint and Robert are NOT a good pair to have together with the kids..... they need more supervision! :) Plus I think the only ones ending up with injuries were them, showing off standing or going off jumps! Fathers~ when will they ever learn?

Here we are over at my sisters that night. Colby kept asking when we were leaving, which believe me would only happen on this night! He was sooooo excited to get home and to bed so Santa would come!

We got home, kids got to bed with Clint and I following quickly. Colby was threatening to wake up a 3 a.m and I was believing him!
I have to tell you about what A.J had been asking for from Santa this year. ALL he wanted was a kitchen! Colby would try to get him to say more, he wouldn't. I would ask him out of the blue for the last month and he stayed true to his wants, only ever saying he wanted a kitchen. When writing their letters to Santa, Colby again told A.J to ask for more stuff (can you tell who the greedy present mongrel is?) and A.J said no, all he wanted was a kitchen. He even wanted me to help him spell it for his letter. I really don't know where this came from, but he had been determined since about Thanksgiving about just wanting a kitchen.
So 3:00 barely passed and who comes running into our room? Colby and A.J yelling (while flipping on the lights) "Santa brought a kitchen!! Mom, Dad! He brought A.J a kitchen and it's not even wrapped!" This is our second year of being woken up to screaming kids and blinding lights, I'm starting to get used to it.... I had no senses left, couldn't see~couldn't talk~couldn't function! :) Hunter is the smart one, he came in to our room after the coast was clear and knowing he wouldn't get into trouble. 
The kitchen has been a big hit! A.J played all day with it, leaving g.i joes~kung foo pandas~ horse's and horse trailers all in their packaging and didn't open them til late in the day. Clint sat next to me mid-day sometime saying how sad this was... A.J is the one who was supposed to be his 'all-boy' little cowboy! And all he wanted to do was make us pretend sandwiches and meals... I couldn't stop laughing over it, poor Clint! Grew up an only boy with 3 sisters and is so excited that he has 3 boys of his own..... and finding out they like to play dress up and cook in fake kitchens. It's just not fair.... :)
Colby and Hunter are going a little more boy this year, Colby got a paintball gun (since Hunter got one for his birthday they want to have wars in the backyard). Hunter got a really cool remote control helicopter that his brothers are so jealous over. All in all a pretty good day, I even got pretty spoiled with gifts~thanks to my husband...

Clint and I had gone back to bed after opening gifts and the boys stayed up and played but A.J finally crashed later that evening while watching a movie. Clint said this was his best moment of the day! How cute are they? I love my family, they really make my days special!
1 comment:
So much fun! We had hoped to see you on New Years but we only made it to Amandas for the countdown.
Post a Comment