A couple of weeks ago I took the boys out of school and we drove out to Clint's work to see a rocket test blast.... Long story short~~ after waiting out in the desert parking lot for 4 hours with thousands (can you believe it, thousands?) of other onlookers for this great sight only to have it be canceled with only 20 seconds to go! Here's a few pictures from then....
So needless to say I wasn't too enthused about going back after that very long day we had with no show to see. My kids talked me into it this morning, Clint's dad was still planning on driving out so we checked out kids and loaded up with him to go. I'm so glad I went it was a pretty neat sight! My father-in-law told Clint's sister about it so the news spread like wild fire through his family and we had a pretty big turn out going down together.... what a good family we have, supporting my hubby's job like this. Thanks guys, for making the trek out to the desert with us!
Hunter, Clint, Kari and Heather
Colby, snacking in the suburban.
A.J and Grandma Sorensen staying cool.
Me, Clint, Hunter and Brent

Here's a little video clip of the big event, we were all pretty impressed with it. Like I said, glad we went!
Here's a little video clip of the big event, we were all pretty impressed with it. Like I said, glad we went!
2 comments:
K so I don't get it? Did it launch or just fire up b/c I didn't see nothing going up to the sky? That's pretty cool. I'm sure Robert & the boys would of loved that!
It was on it's side, and just fired up.... it didn't move and now they have to measure it to see the effects of the firing. That's what Clint does btw, the measuring and inspecting.
Post a Comment