Schools out for the summer. Officially I have 1 more hour of freedom until the boys get home, hence my reasoning for getting in one last post without any interruptions..... We went camping over Memorial down to Moab meeting up with Clint's Aunt and Uncle from AZ. His Dad, two sisters and niece and nephew were all along for the trip too. Plus this marked our opening of camping season with the Jahn's , our rednecked camping partners. (sorry Amanda, one camping trip does not make you a rednecked partner.... hopefully your family will step it up to join the club?... membership is free! :)
What a fantastic trip we had!! Clint, Dave, Brady, Jeremy, Michele and I went river rafting down the Colorado river on Friday. It was cold, rainy and there were very high water conditions so we were a little leery of going. Initially the whole camp was planning on going (kids too, minus the 2 who were under 5) but after talking to the river guides and getting scared out of our minds at the thoughts of dangerous water levels who do you think was stupid enough to go through with it?? That's right, my husband and Jeremy. I can't speak for Michele, but I would have been just fine staying in camp.... Of course if those two loonies were doing it then Clint's Uncle Dave and nephew Brady were in too. I don't have any pictures yet, I didn't take my camera down. Michele did though and got some great shots of us putting in the river, I'll post them when I get some from her.
Saturday we went to Arches National Park. Pretty amazing scenery!
Here's Colby balancing his own rock. Of course everyone else had to follow suit.
WOW! Get a load of those guns!
So after hiking and seeing all the sites it was time to head back to camp. After a lot of smooth talking, Clint and I ended up riding back with Michele and Jeremy in their truck with no kids. Can you imagine? So we stayed and walked around town shopping a little and then were hit with a big rain storm. We worried about everyone back at camp and started back to see if they had all been swept away or not. About an hour after getting back into camp 2 police vehicles came speeding up the dirt road! There was a flash flood coming and two jeeps had been swept away not too far from our camp. So of course being the dummies we are....we had to hop in trucks and go see this for ourselves! This link will take you to Chanel 5's news story on it. Pretty unbelievable! It really was a rush of water coming down what was a dried up creek bed. We were guessing it was about 5 feet deep in the middle and running fast!
The kids tried another route....they decided to bath in the mud! Better to hide the stench? I don't know, but they had a good hour or two of fun before we made them go wash off in the cold river. I couldn't stop laughing at them walking around, they looked like aborigines ( I have no clue how to spell that) on some National Geographic show.
4 comments:
Love, love, love it! The picture of you with the cowboy hat on is adorable, the pictures of the kids in the mud makes me want to play and the video at the end is priceless. I love little AJ playing it cool with his arm out the window. I'm glad May was so good to you! Good luck with the kids being out of school!
K so Ben watched the clip w/me and didn't laugh until Clint gave him the look. Then he asked to watch it again. ha ha. Really loved the pic of you. I have a question though...Since Clint likes getting naked even though I thought he didn't like margaritas---Was it him that stripped down naked for the tick inspector?
Forgot to say that I really like the laid back profile pic---LOVE IT!
Such a cute pic of you and I love the one of the boys in the mud! So cute! It sounds like your summer has been great so far. I am glad you didn't get washed away!
Post a Comment