Monday, May 11, 2009

My Happy Mothers Day.
I hope all of you moms had a great day. Mine was pretty good, it lasted all weekend with having Clint home building garden boxes for our back yard. All the boys helped out by painting, building and shoveling dirt.

There's a couple of the finished product! Hopefully they'll all be built and filled with dirt by this next weekend and ready to plant some veggies..... Eventually we want to put stepping stones in between them and fancy stuff like that to pretty up our boring back yard. Unfortunately the money ran out too quickly... along with Clint's weekend, I think he was glad to get back to work Monday for a much needed break! He knows it's hard work being mom AND trying to get a project done..... Thanks Babe!

We also went for a fun family bike ride Sunday afternoon, against Clint's wishes, but he ended up having fun too. It's my goal to get more active and going bike riding has been great! I just plop A.J into the bike trailer and off we go. I know this will be my last year for that, he's getting heavy! So I need to enjoy it now, before A.J rebels--wanting to ride his own bike which we all know takes a while for them to get 'up to speed' to keep up.

3 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Great boxes! your hubby is very talented!

Anonymous said...

Cute! My mom built boxes like that at her elementary school. The put them up against a fence and planted a garden and a sunflower patch, well long story short - the sunflowers took over the fence, but they are awesome and fun to look at! Your husband is a keeper!

aminut said...

Well well well looky here. How many days later? I swear have you gone private? You never update on my page??? I'll just have to make it a habbit to click on yours every time I get in. Good to see the boxes of hard work. You know even though it's work...I think it's great that you all did it together. I believe that's called team work and team work is important in a family...ya know it?