Monday, June 15, 2009

A week in California....
The boys and I drove to CA with my mom last week to clear out her late- boyfriends house. I don't know who was worse for having to stop every hour....the kids, or my mom! Map quest says the drive should only be 10 hours, we made it in 24- with a stay in a hotel overnight. My mom got demoted to only driving for a max of 2 hours everyday, I told her it was better for everyone...us in the car, and innocent by-standers outside of the car! :)
California was O.K. The weather was great but the winds never ever stopped! I was going a little crazy with that. We were staying in John's house but trying to sell everything in a open house yard sale. Nothing like having strangers walking through daily... Colby was in heaven, he loved following people around tallying up their treasures. Nights were a little scary for me. The first night I heard gunshots that were maybe 2 blocks away, and no sirens followed! Needless to say, I didn't sleep very well after that--fearing for my life and all.

With no t.v for a week and being in a strange house I had to get inventive on entertainment for the boys. There were daily bubble baths in the jetted tub....that was a huge hit! Room for all 3 kids at once and with the jets the bubbles were out of control. Uh-oh, we lost Colby and A.J at one point......Hunter was the only survivor that night....


Colby and A.J fell in love with a couple of leather jackets and canes! They were pretending to be from the Matrix movie. They also would play hide and seek, with strangers in the house while they ran around acting all crazy! I did get a couple of offers for the boys, none high enough to take seriously though....

There was a bike trail that went through the whole sub-division that led to a park which oddly enough we never saw any kids at. I couldn't figure that one out, it was a cool park and always nice cool days. Must have something to do with the gunshots I heard? It was a little weird not seeing kids everywhere we went, I guess Utah is unique for that? Here's a little clip of A.J not wanting help on this little spinning chair but quickly going out of control..... Yeah, we kept telling him to go back on...


The ice cream man came everyday, why don't they do that here at home anymore? Every time we would hear the music tinkling down the road one of us would yell "ICE CREAM" and go running. (yes, me too--someone had to supervise~right?)

We went to the movies and saw Up. I took this picture of the boys because it cost us $50 for 4 of us to go to the movies and have popcorn and drinks!! Can you believe it! 50 bucks.... for a movie. I was a little sick to my stomach after that.
We went to the Jelly Belly factory for a tour. It was pretty cool, I have to admit. They had a sample bar and it was for free! After the movies I was all for it.
I'm too sexy for my hat......
They had a lot of pictures made out of jelly beans. Colby was fascinated by them, he kept talking about "what if you messed it all up" scenarios.... Good thing they were roped off! Can you imagine?

Here's the kids with all their jelly belly loot! We even got the Harry Potter jelly beans with the gross flavors....booger, vomit, black pepper....I have plenty if you want to try.

So we got the house emptied out and came home to our own messy house! Clint decided to tackle painting our bedroom. It's done now, but the house was turned upside down for our homecoming. He had a few too many nights out enjoying the single life and didn't get any painting done. Oh well, I love the new walls! Clint has found that he loves to paint (I'm not allowed to anymore , I've been fired and was sent out to mow the lawn) so I have plenty of paint jobs for him to fulfill. A.J's room, the downstairs family room, the deck.......it goes on and on!

3 comments:

aminut said...

So sexy...ya it hurts! Hey the video was too funny! Gun shots??? Scaryyyy! I'm glad you came back alive and better yet to some painted walls. Can't wait to see. I'm sure the boys and your mom had a great time along side all the work.

Anonymous said...

A vacation, that's not a vacation right! :) I hope you brought me back some Peanut Butter Jelly Bellys.. Those are my favorite! Cute pictures!! I don't envy you with 3 boys, 4 including Clint - but you are doing an amazing job and it shows..

Bonnie the Boss said...

Good old Santa Anna winds! I am glad you guys made it safe and sound!
I LOVE jelly belly's even the Harry Potter ones!