Wednesday, May 25, 2011




Inspiration

All of my blog hopping and researching about crafts has gotten my craft juices flowing.... I'm not a professional by any means but I'm having fun trying to 're-create' something~ We have this old 8-track/record player/ radio cabinet that has been sitting in the garage since we moved in. I tried selling it, then tried giving it away for free on the Internet with no luck. I even called to donate it and they denied me saying it's too big for them! The dang cabinet is 8 feet long!! Yikes right?! So other than taking it to the dumps I've been stuck with it, putting junk on it, and looking and looking at it thinking I could do SOMETHING with it!


At Christmas we got a big flat screen t.v. The cabinets for these things are well over $300 just to set your t.v and electronics on! I just can't do it, just can't spend that kind of money on that! Sooooooo my idea for converting this radio cabinet has been stewing for months!

See how the doors slide for the open space behind them? Do you just love the fabric? Ha, neither do I~ I'm still trying to figure out what kind of speakers I will replace the ones with that are now behind the fabric, ours are too big.



All gutted out! I'm getting excited now, and that's all the pictures I'm showing you now.... until it's done! Think I'm up in the night with this? So does my husband, and my kids, and my father-in-law,....................

No comments: