Moving day!
We've been settled into the new house for a week and a half now, I've finally found the time to update my blog and let you all know we survived. Thanks to all our family and friends for helping out, couldn't have done it without you, and thanks to those who were with us in spirit only... I know you would have been here if you could have (right? :)
We started our Saturday bright and early by running to town and getting doughnuts for the crew, we pay good don't we?... Clint and I had been moving all the little stuff the whole week so that all we needed help with was the big ticket items. Everyone kept saying, "this was the easiest move ever!" while I'm thinking "you should have been here this past week, then you wouldn't be saying that" :) My kids have been great with the changes, rolling with the flow. Hunter and Colby started their new school this week and I have faith that they will adjust well. Hunter is missing his friends, but has great relationships with them all that I'm sure will last him a lifetime. They've already made a handful of friends in the new neighborhood that are over daily. Here's a few pictures of the move, now we just need to get the old house up for sale! Send your home buying friends our way :)
Hunter and A.J were directing furniture in the trailer.
Hunter and Colby spent their last night in the downstairs family room since we had taken their bunk beds apart the night before.
Now here's a couple of shots from the new house, Clint's dad and Colby hanging out by the fire and reading a book. Just look at all that room! That's the number one thing I love about this house. We're not so crammed in together we have space~ it's great! Colby and Hunter are still sharing a room until we get a closet and carpet put into Colby's room, but honestly I don't think they would have liked sleeping separately so suddenly. So their bunks are now on opposite sides of the room and I said to Hunter, "you guys are so far apart.... not sleeping on top of one another anymore" he giggled and said, "I know, it's so weird"
1 comment:
Love the house and everybody did so great getting you all in FINALLY ;) Sorry I missed out on it :(
Post a Comment