Happy Birthday Hunter! 12 years old.... and ready to conquer the world! I remember being 12, I thought I knew it all and so does my son :)

What a goof ball he is, this was taken on Saturday in the middle of his 'friend' party. Can you see the sugar shakes about to take over? We let him invite 15 of his best friends from the 'old school' come over and hang (they don't play anymore, they hang~ I'm constantly messing that one up). My wonderful husband organized many outdoor games for this gaggle of boys, he admitted later that night that he had just as much fun and had to keep reminding himself that they were Hunter's friends...not his.

Kick ball, capture the flag, kick the can, football.... they just kept playing (oops, there I go again~ I mean hanging) and I just kept the food coming! Man could these kids eat! They were like vultures when a plate of food would catch their attention.

Here's Clint, doesn't he fit in well with a bunch of 12 year olds? He had a blast!

We got a ping pong table and it was a big hit. This was our 'indoor' entertainment (so what if it was in the garage, it's still indoors right?) I think a tournament got started and Hunter cleaned everyone out, until Clint had to stand up and say "You haven't beat everyone yet, now you have to play me" (
insert eyeroll here) So instead of letting the birthday boy be the champ, Clint had to show him who was boss.... boys!

Here's a shot of most everyone there. It was a fun day and every time Hunter ran by me he would say , " thanks mom, this is the BEST party ever!" If I hadn't been so outnumbered by males I think I could have cried over that... What a great kid we've been blessed with, can't believe it's only been 12 years because I can't imagine life without him.
1 comment:
ahhh your such a cool mom "hanging" out w/ 15 (i mean 16) 12 y.o.---that was for you Clint. I'm so glad it worked out and I bet it meant so much to Hunter too with a cool mom & dad like you & Clint.
Happy belated Hunter!!!
Post a Comment