Saturday, August 6, 2011
















Summer's nearly over!


It feels like it's just begun, our garden is doing very well.... who knew grass would grow so well everywhere we didn't want it too?.... The zucchini are taking over the planet, it's coming out our ears and I can't sneak it into any more meals without my family declaring war on me. Things were going great with our curbing project outside until we got detoured when A.J had a monster poop that clogged the upstairs toilet and flooded everywhere! On came a new and unexpected project. Granted our bathroom was fully carpeted and we wanted to tile it anyway, now we have the added benefit of insurance paying for it~ can't really be too mad at the kid when it's turning out so well :)
I almost didn't get a picture of the great wallpaper before taking it all down. Thanks Amanda and Kaylee for your hard days work helping scrape it all off!
Hunter and Colby actually loved this demolition part of the project, take after their dad for that! Had to tear out all the subfloor and carpet tacks around the perimeter of the room.
Clint and Jeremy taking the claw foot tub out, didn't realize it was sooooo heavy!

Doesn't everybody have a giant tub in their living room? When we priced new feet for it, wanting to update the gold to a brushed nickle we almost had a heart attack at the prices.... so decided to have the old feet re-plated and I'm pretty happy with the outcome. So where the tub sat there was just a little wooden shelf for shampoo's and what-not, here's a before shot where the tub sits
And here's a new wall/shelf that Clint built that will be tiled over and be a great little ledge all around the tub for all our soaps and 'stuff'.
Here's a before shot of the sinks, which we only ever use one so we're downsizing to just the one and I'll get more counter space for my 'staging area' (glorified make-up counter)

I painted the cupboards, going for a off-white antique look and I want to do the counter top a dark wood (that's been ordered and we're still waiting for it)



Got the tile floor in, sorry it's a dirty picture I just realized I didn't have one of the new floor and just went to snap one real quick while Clint's in there working on putting in a new medicine cabinet.

This was supposed to be an easy install on the medicine cabinet/mirror. But of course nothing is ever easy around here! Notice the pipe running up the middle? It's for a vent I guess for the sink drain?....



Here's Clint (silently cursing) trying to figure out what to do about this pipe....

Clint's new motto? 'When in doubt, cut it out!"


What the??? Another freakin' pipe.....


Does that hole look a little big to you? My fingers are crossed right now, as they have to be while we finish this 'little' project up..... Clint's off to Home Depot and I need to go clean up some drywall. Stay tuned, more pictures to come!


2 comments:

aminut said...

OMG you seriously crack me up! Poor Clint getting abused by the sheetrock... again. Maybe you should have been wearing the ear muffs for your ear protection from cuss words flying...LOL! No really I am proud that Clint wore the ear muffs to protect his ears while LOUDLY working. It's going to be beautiful I think- no it will, you'll see. Patience is what you are great at.

Tiffany said...

Wow! do you guys hire out! hehe. looks like you have been busy. i am excited to have aspen start preschool with our good friend Kathy Powell. Ahhhh good times.