Friday, March 12, 2010


What a very good day this is!

Hunter's rec. basketball team made it to finals! Exciting enough, but when we went to play on Tuesday we were blown away with this .... we have a girl on our team and that's not allowed. What? We played with her on the sidelines Tuesday night, won the game and now are playing in the final championship game tonight. After fighting for 3 days and contacting our local newspaper and news channels about it Bridget WILL be playing with the team but not at the county facilities. They wouldn't back down about not letting a girl play with the boys. Instead we will be playing at our city rec. building. Our big exciting news is this, the story made the front page in the paper today! Hunter is over the moon about his picture making it, he's famous.... (so he says) try this link and hopefully it will take you to the papers site!


http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODE/StandardExaminer/LandingPage/LandingPage.aspx?href=U1NFLzIwMTAvMDMvMTI.&pageno=MQ..&entity=QXIwMDEwMQ..&view=ZW50aXR5

So proud of my husband for standing up to 'the man'! So proud of the boys for sticking by their teammate! So proud, so proud!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Very exciting. Mike and I read the article. You are so famous! hehehe

Anonymous said...

Of course Clint was going to stand up to the man! Blake and I have a girl on our team as well. She's one of our best players, and it always make me smile when I hear the other team bragging about how easily they were going to beat us because we have a girl on our time. I try to always give her tha ball first, so I watch the other teams faces as she smokes'em. Makes me laugh every time.

aminut said...

Good to finally read this b/c on both emails I only got the picture. I am so proud of them too! Kudos to Bridget b/c I would have been scared.